Last October, a Clevedon Care Home was warned by CQC inspectors about uncovered radiators.

The inspectors described failings and issues in their report highlighting the home “requires improvement” overall.

“We found bedroom radiators were uncovered and could be rolled onto or lent against which could burn or scald the person” inspectors noted.

The CQC Inspectors criticised the leadership of the care home “for not monitoring, assessing and mitigating the risks relating to health and safety and people’s individual¬†risks” despite having safety audits in place.

Following the inspection, the care home and its owners had to progress to installing covers on all the radiators.

Read more “The Dangers and Impacts of Radiator Burns”