A Clevedon care home has been warned by CQC inspectors about uncovered radiators.

The care home which houses sixteen adults with learning disabilities underwent a surprise check by the Care Quality Commission back in April.

The inspectors described several failings and issues in their report highlighting the home “requires improvement” overall.

“We found bedroom radiators were uncovered and could be rolled onto or lent against which could burn or scald the person” inspectors noted.

It was also found that the residents could be burnt by scalding water due to staff not checking the temperatures of hot water taps before showering or bathing.

The inspectors criticised the leadership of the care home for “not monitoring, assessing and mitigating the risks relating to health and safety and people’s individual risks” despite having safety audits in place.

Read more “CQC Inspectors Highlight the Danger of Burns from Uncovered Radiators”